When are operational permits required?
The most common operations requiring permits are:

1. Storage or use of: hazardous materials; flammable or combustible liquids; LP gas; compressed gases
2. Cutting and welding
3. Hot work
4. Repair garages and fuel dispensing facilities
5. Open burning

A complete list can be obtained by contacting the Inspection Department at 817-249-6081.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request a fire inspection, or a permit, for a home or business?
2. Where is the fire inspection department located?
3. How often are businesses inspected?
4. Can residents living in homes or apartments request a fire inspection?
5. Is there a fee for a fire inspection?
6. When are operational permits required?
7. What Fire Code does the City of Benbrook utilize?
8. Which businesses are required to have a Knox Box?
9. How do I obtain a Knox Box for my business?