The City of Benbrook works with Republic Services to provide residential curbside recycling, as part of our waste hauler contract to service Benbrook. Curbside recycling is a great way to contribute to a cleaner environment by limiting refuse taken to landfills.
Republic Services reports that 58% of Benbrook residents utilize curbside recycling services, which is 8% higher than most Tarrant County cities. So, thank you for recycling!
Blue recycle containers can be picked up at Benbrook City Hall, 911 Winscott Road, or at the Benbrook Water Authority, 1121 Mercedes Street. There is no charge for containers, limit two per household. Lids for the containers are available, if you'd like.
Recycling must be placed curbside by 7:00am each Wednesday (trash day), and no earlier than 5:00pm on Tuesday evenings.
For those residents unable to participate in curbside recycling (in multi-family housing, etc.), there are two large, green recycle dumpsters located at Dutch Branch Park, behind the Benbrook Community Center/YMCA, 1899 Winscott Road, available for public use.
The following items CAN be placed in bins for recycle:
- Plastics, such as milk jugs, liter bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.
- All colors of glass
- All metal food and beverage cans (tin, aluminum, and steel)
- Broken down cardboard (place underneath recycle bin)
The following items CANNOT be placed in bins for recycle:
- Containers with openings as large as the container (butter tubs, etc.)
- Plastic bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products
- Plate glass, ceramic, or mirrors
- Tissues or wet paper
- Contaminated food items
- Styrofoam products
- Clothing or cloth-made products