Tarrant County Public Health advises people to follow basic measures to prevent respiratory viruses, which include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. If you experience difficulty breathing or persistent fever, call your primary care provider.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Frequently clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces.
For more information, visit coronavirus.tarrantcounty.com or call Tarrant County Public Health during business hours, 817-248-6299.