Candidate applications are now available for the General Election to be held Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.
Three City of Benbrook Council Member positions are up for election: Place 2, Place 4, and Place 6. The filing period is July 18, 2020 through August 17, 2020
To run for a place on City Council, you must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months preceding the deadline for filling an application
- Have resided in the city for 12 months before the date of the election
- Be a registered voter of the City of Benbrook
Candidate packets are available here or from the City Secretary’s Office. Applications must be returned to City Secretary’s office at Benbrook City Hall, 911 Winscott Road, Benbrook, TX 76126, by 5:00 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17, 2020. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 817-249-3000.
NOTE: The Benbrook Library District Board of Trustees and the Benbrook Water Authority Board of Directors are separate entities from the City of Benbrook. For information on those elections, please contact the appropriate organization directly.