Do you have old paint or cooking oil sitting around your home? Old batteries or automotive fluids taking space in the garage? Benbrook residents may take household hazardous waste to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center (ECC) at no cost. Proof of Benbrook residency is required (e.g., utility bill, driver’s license). The Fort Worth ECC is located at 6400 Bridge St. and is open for drop-offs Thursdays and Fridays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you have questions, please call 817-392-EASY (3279).
- Automotive fluids (up to 10 gallons)
- Cleaners and chemicals (up to 10 gallons)
- Cooking oil (up to 10 gallons)
- Lawn/garden/pool chemicals (up to 20 gallons)
- Light bulbs (up to 20 bulbs)
- Paint and painting supplies (up to 30 bulbs)
What’s not accepted?
- Ammunition and explosives
- Appliances and electronics
- Building materials
- Bulk trash and yard waste
- Butane/propane cylinders
- Medicines and medical waste
- Asbestos/PCBs/radioactive items
Business, commercial, and industrial waste cannot be accepted under Texas regulations. Learn more about the City of Benbrook's trash, recycling, and environmental programs here.